You hate it. We hate it… Everyone hates it, but until we overturn Citizen’s United and get money out of politics once and for all, the fact remains that 91% of the time, the better funded candidate wins. Political campaigns are fundamentally marketing campaigns, and effective marketing campaigns are expensive.
To this end, Jessica Morse has blown away all expectations, out-raising Republican, Tom McClintock in every quarter since she filed her first FEC report, and she ended the year with more cash-on-hand than McClintock. (This has never happened in our district before!) To put this into perspective, Jessica Morse ended the year with more in-state donations and a whopping 77% more cash-on-hand than her nearest Democratic rival!
Through her efforts, Jessica Morse has elevated the race for our formerly “unflippable” district and thrust it into the national spotlight. She is largely (if not solely) responsible for the DCCC adding CA-04 to their list of target districts and is responsible for the downgrade of our race by expert analysts from “Safe Republican” to “Likely Republican.” (Next stop, “Tossup!”)
Finally, it should be noted that Jessica Morse didn’t raise this money in dark, backroom deals with special interests. She went to house party after house party and pitched our collective dream to countless individual donors – people who love and care about our Sierra Nevada, convincing them to invest in a race that most pundits said was a lost cause!
We owe a lot to Jessica for her savvy fundraising efforts. Without her, CA-04 would’ve remained an overlooked unflippable district, cast aside and predetermined as a win for McClintock and the GOP. If her pre-Primary efforts are a measure of success, we can all rest assured that she’s going to make history come November 6th.
There are many other reasons why Jessica Morse is the only candidate who can defeat Tom McClintock, including the fact that she's a local – a "daughter of the foothills" who has explored CA-04 more than all other candidates combined. Furthermore, her progressive and outspoken stance on the the issues we care most about set her apart from the field.
All that being said, at this critical stage of the race money matters and Jessica Morse is without question, the only candidate capable of defeating Republican Tom McClintock in November.
EPILOGUE - IT’S GOING TO TAKE A LOT MORE THAN MONEY!!
Friends, by all means DONATE what you can, but money can’t vote and having more money doesn’t guarantee our victory. PLEASE don’t wait to get involved. Here are 10 things you can do RIGHT NOW to help defeat Tom McClintock once and for all. Pick a few, and TAKE ACTION!
- Verify your voter registration.
- If you’re not registered, get registered to vote now! (You have until midnight on Monday, May 21st).
- Join #TeamMorse and volunteer.
- Get your yard signs and bumper stickers:
- Roseville (map) (email) (phone)
- Auburn (email)
- Truckee (map) (email)
- South Lake Tahoe (email)
- El Dorado Hills (map) (email) (phone)
- Amador & Alpine County (email)
- Calaveras, Tuolumne, Mariposa, Madera, & Fresno County (email)
- Donate to Jessica’s Campaign.
- Find and join a local group.
- Attend an event near you.
- Amplify our message to more voters in the district.
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Write a letter to your local paper in support of Jessica:
- Greater Sacramento Region - SacBee
- Greater Fresno Region - Fresno Bee
- Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Loomis, Auburn, Colfax, Granite Bay, Folsom, & El Dorado - Hills - Gold Country Media
- Truckee - Truckee Sun
- Lake Tahoe - Tahoe Daily Tribune
- Placerville - Mountain Democrat
- Sonora - Union Democrat
- Amador - Ledger Dispatch
- Calaveras - Calaveras Enterprise
- Mariposa - Mariposa Gazette
- Yosemite - Sierra News Online
- Auberry - The Mountain Press
- Merced - Merced Sun Star
- Fresno - Sierra Star